Volunteer Job Posting
Board of Directors Positions
Community Legal Information (CLI) is an Island charity that provides legal information, public education, justice system navigation, and lawyer referrals. Our goal is to provide Island residents with useful and understandable information about our laws and the justice system. CLI is governed by a Board of Directors. CLI is now accepting applications from people interested in joining our Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Community Legal Information (CLI). As a Board member, a Director acts in a position of trust and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization, which includes fiscal responsibility and strategic direction. Please note that this is a governance board, not an operations board.
- Commitment to access to justice and plain language legal information.
- Basic understanding of not-for-profit governance.
- Willingness to serve on committees.
- Participation in Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Willingness to support and promote special events or projects.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title Board Application.
The deadline to apply is Thursday, August 17th, 2023, at 5:00 pm.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.